THE NEW GENERATION OF ROCK
Playing a variety of new music from all genres, we aren’t held back by the constricts those other “corporate” stations are! Let us introduce you to your new favorite artist, remind you what you were listening to in the Nineties, or just let yourself listen to whatever artists you love, seven days a week!
We run a variety of contests and giveaways, so tune in and save our digits in your cellular device so you can partake!
- Local news, weather and sports – Live local DJs
- Paying homage to the revolutionaries of the 90s and all of today’s most powerful music.
- First of its kind – serving western Colorado and eastern Utah – a HUGE area!
First of its kind on the Western Slope of Colorado & Eastern Utah . Your live, local, independent, no hair, “New Rock” Station – X106.9 / KMZK
Monday – Friday: Kain 6am – 10am
Monday – Friday: Ravin 2pm – 6pm
Friday: Tyler 6pm – 9pm
The Core: Friday & Sunday nights 9pm – 11pm
The Strokes have announced that they will release a new EP titled Future Present Past. Due out June 3rd via Cult Records, the label operated by Strokes singer Julian Casablancas, the release features three new tracks called “Drag Queen,” “OBLIVIUS” and “Threat Of Joy.” All three cuts are streaming at the Cult Records site now..
The EP was recorded in Austin, Texas and New York City and will be available in standard editions as well as red 10-inch vinyl that comes with two stickers, one for the Strokes and one for Cult Records. T-shirt and vinyl bundles are also available. The independent retailer version of the vinyl will be blue.
- In addition, the Strokes and Cult Records are launching a pop-up shop in New York City that will run from Memorial Day (Monday, May 30th until Sunday, June 5th.
- The “curated” store will be located in the East Village. Opening hours will be from noon to 9:00 p.m., except for when the EP goes on sale at midnight on Thursday, June 2nd. Special guest DJ sets will be announced soon.
- As for the future, Casablancas told the BBC this week that a sixth full-length album will be recorded “if the collective will can be summoned.”
- The Strokes will perform next Tuesday (May 31st) in Port Chester, New York before appearing on June 3rd at Manhattan’s annual Governor’s Ball festival. The group has just one other live date currently on their schedule, a festival show in Australia in late July.
CHECK IT OUT: Listen to the new EP:
See the EP cover art here:
Watch the first filmed interview with the Strokes in 10 years, which was posted by the band on Thursday (May 26th):