THE NEW GENERATION OF ROCK
Playing a variety of new music from all genres, we aren’t held back by the constricts those other “corporate” stations are! Let us introduce you to your new favorite artist, remind you what you were listening to in the Nineties, or just let yourself listen to whatever artists you love, seven days a week!
We run a variety of contests and giveaways, so tune in and save our digits in your cellular device so you can partake!
- Local news, weather and sports – Live local DJs
- Paying homage to the revolutionaries of the 90s and all of today’s most powerful music.
- First of its kind – serving western Colorado and eastern Utah – a HUGE area!
First of its kind on the Western Slope of Colorado & Eastern Utah . Your live, local, independent, no hair, “New Rock” Station – X106.9 / KMZK
Monday – Friday: Kain 6am – 10am
Monday – Friday: Ekko 2pm – 6pm
The Core: Friday & Sunday nights 9pm – 11pm
Sammy Hagar’s Top 20 Rock Countdown: Sunday Mornings 8am-10am
Slipknot and Stone Sour singer Corey Taylor has set August 15th as the release date of his next book, titled America 51: A Probe Into The Realities That Are Hiding Inside The Greatest Country In The World. The book’s title is a play on Area 51, the famously secret Air Force base in Nevada that doesn’t officially exist and which has been the center of UFO lore for decades.
Taylor told the Guardian that the book is “going to deal with everything from politics to social commentary. It’s going to piss off a lot of people in my country, but everyone else will love it.”
- Taylor told us that he tries to make his books sound like he’s having a discussion with the reader: [“People who know me, they call me and it’s like, ‘Dude, I can’t get your voice out of my head when I’m reading this book. It’s like I’m talking to you!’ And that, that’s the best compliment I could ever get, you know, because that’s really what it’s supposed to be, is a conversation.”]
- The official description reads, “Balancing humor, outrage, and disbelief, Taylor examines the rotting core of America, evaluating everything from politics and race relations to family and ‘man buns.’ By continuing the wave of moral outrage begun in You’re Making Me Hate You, Taylor skewers contemporary America in his own signature style.”
- Taylor published his third book, You’re Making Me Hate You: A Cantankerous Look At The Common Misconception That Humans Have Any Common Sense Left, in July 2015. His previous books include 2011’s Seven Deadly Sins: Settling The Argument Between Born Bad And Damaged Good and 2013’s A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Heaven, both of which made the New York Times “Hardcover Non-Fiction” best sellers list.
- The singer is currently in the studio with Stone Sour, who are completing their sixth album, Hydrograd, for release later this year.
Saint Asonia, the act featuring ex-Three Days Grace frontman Adam Gontier and Staind guitarist Mike Mushok, intends to release its sophomore album before the end of the year, according to Blabbermouth. Gontier told Detroit radio station WRIF, "I would say we're about...read more
Frances Bean Cobain, the daughter of late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, posted an emotional tribute to her father online on Monday (February 20th), on what would have been his 50th birthday. According to Billboard, Frances wrote on Instagram, "Today would have been...read more