THE NEW GENERATION OF ROCK
Playing a variety of new music from all genres, we aren’t held back by the constricts those other “corporate” stations are! Let us introduce you to your new favorite artist, remind you what you were listening to in the Nineties, or just let yourself listen to whatever artists you love, seven days a week!
We run a variety of contests and giveaways, so tune in and save our digits in your cellular device so you can partake!
- Local news, weather and sports – Live local DJs
- Paying homage to the revolutionaries of the 90s and all of today’s most powerful music.
- First of its kind – serving western Colorado and eastern Utah – a HUGE area!
First of its kind on the Western Slope of Colorado & Eastern Utah . Your live, local, independent, no hair, “New Rock” Station – X106.9 / KMZK
Monday – Friday: Kain 6am – 10am
Monday – Friday: Ekko 2pm – 6pm
The Core: Friday & Sunday nights 9pm – 11pm
Sammy Hagar’s Top 20 Rock Countdown: Sunday Mornings 8am-10am
Linkin Park has set One More Light as the title of its seventh studio album. The disc is due out on May 19th through Warner Bros. Music. The band debuted the first single, “Heavy,” on Los Angeles radio station KROQ Thursday morning (February 16th), followed by a performance of the track later in the day on Facebook Live. The track features guest vocals from Kiara Saulters, who is best known for recording stop-motion, hip-hop-inspired electro-R&B under the name Kiiara and who performed with the band during the Facebook event.
The song “Heavy” sees the band teaming up with pop songwriter Emily Wright, who has worked with artists like Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and Flo Rida. Vocalist Mike Shinoda told us about the concept behind the song and its very different sound: [“The question popped into my head, what would it be like, first of all, to write with people outside the band? What would it be like to really approach things with our arms kind of wide open, wrapped around a larger audience? And still make it a hundred percent Linkin Park and a hundred percent true to what we do. Almost a year and a half later, this is the first taste of what that sounds like.”]
- Other tunes on the new CD include “Nobody Can Save Me,” “Good Goodbye,” “Talking to Myself,” “Battle Symphony,” “Invisible,” “Sorry For Now,” “Halfway Right,” “Sharp Edges” and the title track.
- Shinoda told KROQ about the single, “One of the reasons we picked ‘Heavy’ as the first single is because it’s kind of core to the sound of the album. This isn’t like a polka album with one song that sounds like this. This is how the album sounds.”
- Linkin Park has already started booking dates in Latin America, Europe and Asia, but has yet to announce North American dates.
PHOTO CREDITS: ZIMBIO.COM
Pop Evil recently made a visit to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee to spend time with some special fans. According to Blabbermouth, the band was invited by the hospital as part of Music Gives To St. Jude Kids, an initiative that mobilizes...read more
Incubus has set April 21st as the release date for its eighth studio album, which will appropriately titled 8. The band premiered the first single, called "Nimble Bastard," on a Los Angeles radio station on Thursday morning (February 16th), while also announcing that...read more