THE NEW GENERATION OF ROCK
Playing a variety of new music from all genres, we aren’t held back by the constricts those other “corporate” stations are! Let us introduce you to your new favorite artist, remind you what you were listening to in the Nineties, or just let yourself listen to whatever artists you love, seven days a week!
We run a variety of contests and giveaways, so tune in and save our digits in your cellular device so you can partake!
- Local news, weather and sports – Live local DJs
- Paying homage to the revolutionaries of the 90s and all of today’s most powerful music.
- First of its kind – serving western Colorado and eastern Utah – a HUGE area!
First of its kind on the Western Slope of Colorado & Eastern Utah . Your live, local, independent, no hair, “New Rock” Station – X106.9 / KMZK
Monday – Friday: Kain 6am – 10am
Monday – Friday: Ravin 2pm – 6pm
Monday – Thursday: Ekko 6pm – Midnight/& Friday: 6pm-9pm
The Core: Friday & Sunday nights 9pm – 11pm
Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington has opened up in a new interview with Metal Hammer about his lengthy battle with drug addiction some years back, which came to a head when his bandmates decided to stage an intervention. Bennington said that at one point he was smoking crack and using crystal meth, explaining, “I was on 11 hits of acid a day. I dropped so much acid I’m surprised I can still speak! I’d smoke a bunch of crack, do a bit of meth and just sit there and freak out. Then I’d smoke opium to come down. I weighed 110 pounds. My mom said I looked like I stepped out of Auschwitz. So I used pot to get off drugs.”
He continued, “In 2006 . . . I did some counseling with the guys and they really opened up and told me how they felt. I had no idea that I had been such a nightmare. I knew that I had a drinking problem, a drug problem and that parts of my personal life were crazy but I didn’t realize how much that was affecting the people around me until I got a good dose of ‘Here’s-what-you’re-really-like.’ It was a shock. They said that I was two people — Chester and then that f**king guy. I didn’t want to be that guy.”
- Bennington told us a while back just how bad even his drinking problem got: [“I lived on alcohol. It was either beer, or Jack and Coke, or Jack Daniels in a pint glass with ice. And then it got to the point where my wife said to me about seven months after we got together, she goes, ‘I don’t think there’s been a day since I’ve known you that you haven’t drank.’ And I was like, ‘What are you talking about? That’s crazy’ — as I’m drinking a Jack and Coke. That was where my life went.”]
- Bennington told Metal Hammer that he’s pleased to be in a band now where everyone has their act together, saying, “We’re not a cliched rock band where everyone is messed up on drugs. We’re all decent people, so that makes me proud too.”
- Linkin Park is reportedly finalizing its new album, which is rumored to be released next year. The new disc will follow up 2014’s The Hunting Party.
Sixx: A.M. and Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx gave an update in an interview on the satellite radio show Debatable about the status of The Dirt, the long-in-development movie based on the Crue biography The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band....read more
Disturbed frontman David Draiman said in a new interview with Billboard.com that it's "strange" to be competing against Beyonce in the Best Rock Performance category at this year's Grammy Awards. Disturbed is nominated for its live performance of "The Sound Of...read more