THE NEW GENERATION OF ROCK
Playing a variety of new music from all genres, we aren’t held back by the constricts those other “corporate” stations are! Let us introduce you to your new favorite artist, remind you what you were listening to in the Nineties, or just let yourself listen to whatever artists you love, seven days a week!
We run a variety of contests and giveaways, so tune in and save our digits in your cellular device so you can partake!
- Local news, weather and sports – Live local DJs
- Paying homage to the revolutionaries of the 90s and all of today’s most powerful music.
- First of its kind – serving western Colorado and eastern Utah – a HUGE area!
First of its kind on the Western Slope of Colorado & Eastern Utah . Your live, local, independent, no hair, “New Rock” Station – X106.9 / KMZK
Monday – Friday: Kain 6am – 10am
Monday – Friday: Ravin 2pm – 6pm
The Core: Friday & Sunday nights 9pm – 11pm
According to Pulse of Radio its been seven years since Metallica last did a full, proper North American arena tour, but drummer Lars Ulrich told Rolling Stone that’s about to change. Ulrich explained, “It’s time to come back, and do some proper penetration of America . . . We’re going to start pretty much full-on touring in January and are looking to figure out what we’re doing in North America, but there will definitely be some pretty extensive touring in America.”
- Metallica will be touring in support of its long-awaited new album, Hardwired…To Self-Destruct, which will be released on November 18th.
- Ulrich said he’s looking forward to playing a lot of the new album live, remarking, “Some of the stuff on Death Magnetic was pretty cerebral. You had to really think about what the next crazy part is that was coming up. Some of the songs from the new record are a little more physical. It’s gonna be a lot of fun to play this.”
- The first single from Hardwired…, simply titled “Hardwired,” is out now. The album will be issued on double CD, vinyl and digital download. A deluxe version will feature a bonus disc containing the riffs that formed the origins of the album along with “The Lords Of Summer,” which the band debuted on tour a couple of years ago.
- Metallica already has one upcoming show on its calendar: the band perform at Neil Young‘s 30th anniversary Bridge School Benefit concert, set to take place on October 22nd and 23rd at at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, California.
Frances Bean Cobain gave her first glimpse into what she can do with her voice and a guitar over the weekend. Frances Bean posted a brief Instagram video of herself dressed as Fred Flinstone covering Jimmy Eat World‘s feel-good hit “The...read more
Red Hot Chili Peppers have extended their record as the act with the most Number One singles in Modern Rock chart history as their current single, “Dark Necessities,” has become the 13th of the group’s career to hit the top of that survey. According...read more