AC/DC fans who bought tickets to see the band on June 4th at London’s Olympic Stadium can get their money back if they don’t want to watch Axl Rose on lead vocals. According toBlabbermouth, British ticketing services company See Tickets has sent an email to everyone who bought tickets for the show through them which stated, “You have the opportunity to request a refund of your ticket. Refunds will be available from now until 5pm on Friday, May 6.”
The show is one of twelve European dates AC/DC will perform with the Guns N’ Roses frontman on lead vocals after Brian Johnson was ordered to stop touring or risk going deaf.
- It is not presently clear if the refund offer will be made available for the other dates on AC/DC’s European tour, which kicks off on May 7th in Lisbon, Portugal and runs through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark.
- Following that, Rose will head out on his previously announced summer reunion tour with Guns N’ Roses. AC/DC’s 10 postponed U.S. dates will take place later in the year, also with Rose as frontman, and the refund policy on those shows has not been revealed either.
- According to Billboard, Rose met with the members of AC/DC twice in March, in Miami and Atlanta, about doing the shows. Singers from AC/DC tribute acts were also auditioned, and at one point there was talk of having other vocalists alternate with Rose, including ex-Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach and Nic Cester of the Australian band Jet.
- Fan reaction to Rose replacing Johnson — even temporarily — has been largely negative.
CHECK IT OUT: TMZ cameras caught up with Axl Rose at Los Angeles Airport (LAX) earlier this week, where Rose told them that he should have the cast off his broken foot in a “couple of weeks.” He also stated that the two Guns gigs at this month’s Coachella Festival went “really good” and that the second show was “was more fun” because the crowd was more responsive. He also said that his current favorite AC/DC song was “Touch Too Much.” Watch the video below:
ASK YOUR LISTENERS:
- Would you want your money back if the band you were going to see was not the lineup originally advertised?
- Should AC/DC have alternated singers? Would that be better than having one guy do all the shows?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Alternative Nation — agree or not?
Tyler Satterlee wrote: “At least the fans have the chance for a refund if need be. It would be interesting to see Sebastian Bach front them for a few shows doing the musical chairs idea they mentioned.”
Robert Beaudette wrote: “And this is precisely why they hired Axl to finish the tour. Fewer tickets will get returned with him at the mic than would be the case with a singer who isn’t a household name.”
Eric Manners wrote: “Axl fronting ACDC is an experience, not sure why a rock fan would not want to be a part of it. I dont own any ACDC albums but I would be pretty stoked to see this show.”
Bilbo wrote: “Touch Too Much is a deep track from Highway To Hell. These concerts are going to be a Bon Scott bonanza! The way Brian was treated by the band was very dry and cold, but it’s not Axl’s fault. He’s a big fan and this is going to be a dream come true for him.”