Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis has reportedly emailed friends and family members from the hospital to let them know he is doing better, according to fan site AnthonyKiedis.net. The singer was rushed to a hospital on Saturday night (May 14th) with severe stomach pains, forcing the band to cancel that night’s performance at a radio festival in Irvine, California as well as a show on Tuesday evening (May 17th) in Burbank.
- The band later announced that Kiedis was stricken with intestinal flu.
- A post at the Kiedis fan site stated, “A close friend to Anthony Kiedis has messaged me just to say they’ve received an email from him saying he’s feeling a lot better . . . Anthony’s mum, Peggy, said last night that he was feeling a bit better so hopefully things are moving in the right direction.”
- The Chili Peppers are still expected to perform this Sunday (May 22nd) at the Rock On The Range festival in Columbus, Ohio. There is no word yet on when Kiedis will exit the hospital.
- The quartet’s new album, The Getaway, arrives on June 17th. The band issued the first single, “Dark Necessities,” earlier this month.
- Do you think Kiedis will be in condition to perform this weekend?
- Do you remember the worst illness you ever had that wasn’t a major disease? Did you ever have to go to the hospital for flu or something like that?
- Anthony Kiedis is in his early 50s. Do these things hit us harder as we get older?
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the Chili Peppers’ full show from the New Orleans Jazz Festival a few weeks ago: