Asking Alexandria played its first show since reuniting with original singer Danny Worsnop on Tuesday night (October 25th) in Seattle. The reunion was confirmed this past weekend, following weeks of rumors and speculation regarding the status of Worsnop’s replacement, Denis Stoff, who joined the band in 2015. Tuesday night’s gig kicked off the 10 Years in the Black tour, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the band’s label Sumerian Records.
Asking Alexandria’s 13-song set did not feature any tunes off the band’s sole album with Stoff, The Black, but did reach back into the group’s catalog with Worsnop to play songs that had not been performed live in four or five years.
- It was also revealed this week that Asking Alexandria has gone into the studio with Worsnop to record a new song.
- Producer Matt Good, who has been mixing the track, said online, “Mixing an amazing new Asking Alexandria song at the moment featuring the return of Danny, who absolutely crushed the vocals. Damn damn.”
- Guitarist Ben Bruce said in a video message earlier this week that Stoff had “just stopped talking to us.” But the singer later tweeted, “I left AA because I can’t be in a touring band at this point in my life. There’s no drama and I don’t want to be a part of it.”
- For his part, Worsnop said about the reunion, “I’m now in a place mentally where this is something I can embrace again, with the men I started this crazy journey with.”
- Asking Alexandria next plays in Spokane, Washington on Thursday night (October 27th).