Bush will head out on tour this spring and summer, starting with a handful of dates in May and June before launching the main run on July 21st in Walker, Minnesota. Shows are currently booked through mid-August and a number of the summer gigs will find Bush paired with Chevelle. The tour will be the first for the band since frontman Gavin Rossdale and his wife, No Doubt singerGwen Stefani, split up last year over Rossdale’s alleged affair with a nanny for the couple’s three sons.
Rossdale told us a while back that he approaches playing live with an almost militaristic attitude: [“It is a bit like going into battle, going to war, going on tour, because you really have to take it on and you really have to push yourselves and try and be so much better than you were the night before, and so much more focused. And if you do it in sort of a chaotic, ramshackle kind of a way and every now and again you hit a good song and you play good, that’s not enough for me and for the rest of the band, actually.”] SOUNDCUE (:23 OC: . . . the band, actually.)
- Bush continues to support its late 2014 album, Man On the Run, which has yielded the singles “The Only Way Out,” the title track and “Loneliness Is A Killer.”
- Man On The Run followed up 2011’s The Sea Of Memories, which was the first new Bush recording in a decade.
- Ticketing for some shows begins this Friday (April 29th) at 10:00 a.m. local time, with VIP packages available.
- Confirmed Bush tour dates (subject to change):
May 5 — Huntington, NY — The Paramount
May 6 — Virginia Beach, VA — Farm Bureau Live
May 7 — Myrtle Beach, SC — House Of Blues
June 3 — Sioux Falls, SD — W.H. Lyons Fairgrounds
June 4 — Madison, WI — Orpheum Theater
June 5 — Louisville, KY — Palace Theater
July 21 — Walker, MN — Moondance Jam Festival (w/ Chevelle)
July 23 — Cincinnati, OH — Riverbend Music Center (w/Chevelle)
July 24 — Sterling Heights, MI — Freedom Hill Amphitheater (w/Chevelle)
July 26 — Indianapolis, IN — White River State Park (w/Chevelle)
July 27 — Columbus, OH — Express Live! (w/Chevelle)
July 29 — Pittsburgh, PA — Stage AE (w/Chevelle)
July 31 — Grand Rapids, MI — Orbit Room
August 2 — Niagara Falls, NY — Rapids Theatre
August 3 — Boston, MA — Blue Hills Bank Pavilion (w/Chevelle)
August 5 — Asbury Park, NJ — Stone Pony Summerstage (w/Chevelle)
August 7 — Philadelphia, PA — The Fillmore Philly
August 9 — Charlotte, NC — Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre (w/Chevelle)
August 10 — Richmond, VA — The National
August 11 — Bethlehem, PA — Musikfest (w/ Chevelle)
August 13 — Portland, ME — Maine State Pier (w/Chevelle)
August 14 — Baltimore, MD — Pier Six Concert Pavilion (w/Chevelle)
- Over the course of its career, Bush has sold close to 20 million records in the U.S. and Canada alone.
- The band has also compiled a string of 18 consecutive Top 40 hit singles on the Modern Rock and Mainstream Rock charts.
- 11 of those hit the Top Five, while six went to Number One: “Comedown,” “Glycerine,” “Machinehead,” “Swallowed,” “The Chemicals Between Us” and “The Sound of Winter.”
CHECK IT OUT: Watch excellent fan-filmed footage of Bush doing “Comedown” in February 2015 at a show in San Francisco: