Deftones have added more shows to the next North American leg of their 2016 tour, with the trek now extending from late July through late September. The schedule will include a mix of headlining gigs and festival shows, with an October 15th booking for Knotfest Mexico in Mexico City also on the books.
After a July 31st radio festival in Buffalo, New York, the band will kick off a string of dates with Refused on August 2nd in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The group also just announced that they’ll appear with Yelawolf and Sister Crayon on select dates in August. September and October are dedicated primarily to festival shows, includingRiot Fest in Chicago and Denver and Houston Open Air, the band’s last scheduled date before Knotfest Mexico.
- Deftones are currently supporting their new Gore album, and we asked keyboard and turntable man Frank Delgado if adding new songs to the set helped put a fresh spin on the old ones: [“It does, kind of. I mean, it’s all about making the set work and some songs help other songs as far as leading in and leading out. But yeah, I mean, we’re having a lot of fun with the ones we’ve been playing so far, and it’s just gonna get better and more as we go.”] SOUNDCUE (:13 OC: . . . as we go.)
- Current Deftones tour dates (subject to change):
July 31 – Buffalo, NY – Edgefest 2016
August 2 – Bethlehem, PA – Sands Bethlehem Event Center
August 3 – Baltimore, MD – – Pier Six Concert Pavilion
August 5 – Brooklyn, NY – Coney Island Amphitheater
August 6 – Philadelphia, PA – Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing
August 7 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena
August 9 – Boston, MA – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
August 10 – Asbury Park, NJ – Stone Pony Summerstage
August 12 – Sterling Heights, MI – Freedom Hill Amphitheatre
August 13 – Mississauga, ON – International Centre
August 16 – St. Paul, MN – Myth
August 17 – Clive, IA – – Seven Flags Event Center
August 18 – Tulsa, OK – Brady Theater
August 20 – Magna UT – Saltair Resort Main Pavilion
August 23 – Fresno, CA – Woodward Park – Summer Concerts
August 24 – Los Angeles, CA – Greek Theatre
August 25 – Berkeley, CA – Greek Theatre
August 26 – Berkeley, CA – Greek Theatre
August 27 – Eugene, OR – Cuthbert Amphitheater
August 29 – San Diego, CA – Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre
August 30 – Las Vegas, NV – The Joint
August 31 – Mesa, AZ – Mesa Amphitheatre
September 2 – Denver, CO – Riot Fest
September 16 – Chicago, IL – Riot Fest
September 24 – Grand Prairie, TX – Texas Mutiny
September 25 – Houston, TX – Houston Open Air
October 15 – Mexico City, MX – Knotfest Mexico
- Gore came out in April and debuted at Number Two on the Billboard 200.
- The first single from the new disc, “Prayers/Triangles,” reached Number Eight on the rock radio chart.
- The group has selected “Phantom Bride,” which features a guest appearance from Alice in Chains’ Jerry Cantrell, as their next single.
CHECK IT OUT: Deftones singer Chino Moreno gave a young fan a memorable concert experience during the band’s May 26th set at the Criterion Theater in Oklahoma City. As you can see in the below fan-filmed footage, Moreno headed to the crowd, boosted the youngster up onto his shoulders and continued to perform: