According to Pulse of Radio Deftones frontman Chino Moreno will play a special solo acoustic set inside an Icelandic volcano on June 18th. The intimate show will take place during Iceland’sSecret Solstice festival, where Deftones is headlining a bill that includes 177 acts. Moreno has been picked to play “Secret Solstice Presents Inside The Volcano,” which will mark the first time in history an artist has performed publicly inside a volcano for just 20 lucky ticket holders.
- The fans and Moreno will be lowered 400 feet into the magma chamber of the volcano, which is dormant and last erupted more than 4,000 years ago.
- There have been several live performances over the years on top of volcanoes, but never inside one.
- The event sold out in mere days, even before any announcement of an artist was made. Icelandic act Snorri Helgason will open with Moreno with a short set.
- Secret Solstice 2016 is held between June 16th and 19th, with Deftones filling the top slot on the 18th.
- The festival will mark Deftones’ first-ever visit to Iceland as the band continues its world tour in support of its recently released eighth album, Gore.