Disturbed and Chevelle have unveiled the initial dates for their fall North American tour together, which kicks off on September 27th in West Valley City, Utah. The relatively short run has dates currently confirmed through October 21st in Glendale, Arizona. Nothing More will be the opening band on at least some of the dates, with other warm-up acts to be announced.
Chevelle frontman Pete Loeffler told us that teaming up with other acts on tour these days is the way to go: [“It’s just becoming like sort of a — I don’t know, I mean, bands have done it forever, but it seems like to pair up with somebody and to play a bigger venue is smarter in this day and age. You know, we’re not gonna do a whole year of it, but we’re gonna be able to go into bigger venues and spread out a little bit and still play a full set.”] SOUNDCUE (:18 OC: . . . a full set.)
- Both bands hail from the Chicago area and broke out nationally around the same time as well.
- Disturbed is currently on the road with Breaking Benjamin through mid-August, with the tour pulling into Saratoga Springs, New York on Tuesday night (July 12th).
- Disturbed is touring behind its sixth studio album, Immortalized, which features the Number One single “The Sound Of Silence.”
- Chevelle’s new album, The North Corridor, was released on July 8th and features the Top 10 single “Joyride.”
- Newly confirmed Disturbed/Chevelle tour dates (subject to change):
September 23 – Las Vegas, NV – The Joint (Disturbed only)
September 27 – West Valley City, UT – Maverick Centre
September 28 – Colorado Spring, CO – Colorado Springs World Arena
September 30 – Des Moines, IA – Wells Fargo Arena
October 4 – Raleigh, NC – The Red Hat Amphitheater
October 5 – University Park, PA – Bryce Jordan Center – Penn State University
October 7 – Atlantic City, NJ – Boardwalk Hall (no Chevelle)
October 8 – Huntington, WV – Big Sandy Superstore Arena
October 9 – Reading, PA – Santander Arena
October 17 – Austin, TX – Moody Theater (no Chevelle)
October 18 – Midland, TX – Horseshoe Pavillion
October 19 – El Paso, TX – Speaking Rock Event Center
October 21 – Glendale, AZ – Gila River Arena
CHECK IT OUT: Watch David Draiman perform “The Red” with Chevelle live in Chicago from a few years ago:
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth — agree or not?
Fonzy Brookestone wrote: “Poor Chevelle.”
Shannon Biggers wrote: “Sweet. I will check out Chevelle, then I need to catch up on my reading.”
Steven Bryant wrote: “A 13 show tour? What a grind.”