Actor Ed Norton is offering Radiohead fans a chance to see the band and meet them backstage, in exchange for a charity donation. Norton teamed up with Crowdrise to raise funds for Conservation International and Kenya’s Maasai Wilderness Conservations Trust.
Fans donate $10, and in exchange, they are entered into a competition to see Radiohead at New York’s Madison Square Garden on July 26th.
- Multiple entries are permitted. In addition to the tickets, the winner will score an opportunity to hang with Norton and the band, a signed limited-edition vinyl box set of the band’s ninth album, A Moon Shaped Pool.
- The donation will go toward “financial support, technical expertise and strategic experience to MWCT’s groundbreaking efforts to help traditional communities build sustainable economic opportunities through the conservation of critical ecosystems.”
- The competition ends today (Thursday).
Meanwhile, Radiohead has called on fans to make a visual contribution for “Daydreaming.” The band are asking fans to submit a one-minute clip as part of a series of vignettes that have accompanied the release of A Moon Shaped Pool.
- Would you donate $10 in a bid to meet the band?
- Is it smart or smarmy to drum up donations by dangling celebrity prizes?
- Are you planning on seeing Radiohead on this tour?