A Texas man has set up an online GoFundMe campaign to raise $35,000 so he can “purchase” Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl, according to the BBC. Rock 108 radio host Frank Pain explained at the campaign’s page, “I’m his biggest fan and figured I can round up enough scratch to purchase him so we can hang out and high five and s**t. Heck, I may give him a bro-hug or two as well.”
He did express doubt about his financial goal, saying, “I’m not 100 percent the amount I’m asking for will buy him. Hell, I’m not even sure if it’s legal to purchase another human being without being some central part of a 20/20 TV special. But, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try, right?” Saying he didn’t have “that kind of scratch” himself, Pain added, “If it is indeed illegal to purchase another human [or if Mr Grohl isn’t up for it] then I’ll spend the money on beer.”
- Pain made the page go live on Tuesday (May 3rd) and raised $433 in his first day.
- Pain previously challenged Grohl to take part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in August 2014.
- Grohl and Foo Fighters are currently on hiatus following the completion of last year’s touring cycle behind the Sonic Highways album and documentary series. It is not known just how much “scratch” it will take to get him out of his house at the moment.
- Is this guy serious or is this some kind of radio stunt?
- If you were a rich and famous rock star, how much money would it take for you to go spend a day with a fan? Would you even entertain the idea?
- Grohl seems pretty up for wacky stunts — do you think he might take Pain up on it?
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the Foos’ classic ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video: