Five Finger Death Punch drummer Jeremy Spencer will make his feature film acting debut in Murder Hill, a horror movie based on true events. According to Blabbermouth, the film is loosely based on a combination of different murders that have taken place in Rome, New York since the 1970s and was shot on location in the town.
Spencer said he was introduced to the producers through a mutual friend, and jumped at the chance to appear in a horror movie. He explained, “I was hooked on horror since I was six when I walked in on my parents watching The Exorcist, just as Regan’s head was swiveling. I’ve been hooked from that point on.”
- Spencer added, “This is going to be a lot of fun, and I know our Five Finger Death Punch fans will dig it!”
- Co-writer and co-producer Anna Casadei wrote a part in the movie specifically for Spencer, saying, “If you know his music, his style of playing, and his stage presence, you get a feel how that will relate on-screen.”
- The producers are also interested in using Five Finger Death Punch’s music in the film.
- Five Finger Death Punch completed work on its seventh studio album earlier this year. The new set will follow up 2015’s Got Your Six and will be the band’s last effort for Prospect Park, the label whom it waged a legal battle to record the new disc quickly and fulfill its contract.
- Five Finger Death Punch signed a new North American deal last year with Rise Records, which will begin with its eighth studio album.