Frances Bean Cobain, daughter of Courtney Love and late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, had a Los Angeles Police Department car outside her home in West Hollywood last Thursday (June 24th) while she removed her belongings. According to TMZ, the police were there in case things got physical with Frances’ estranged husband, Isaiah Silva, from whom she filed for divorce in March.
Frances stayed outside the residence while her team removed her property. Law enforcement sources said that the LAPD got a call to “keep the peace” because of a prior incident earlier this month, during which things got heated when Frances’ people started the move.
- No incidents were reported during Thursday’s move.
- Frances filed for divorce after being married for just 21 months to Silva, who fronts a band called The Eeries. The couple were married on June 29th, 2014.
- Frances’ filing reportedly indicated that she is willing to pay spousal support to Silva, but that he has no claim on her father’s estate, which is said to be worth $450 million.
- Frances and Silva were together for five years, although Frances never publicly acknowledged that they got married.
- Kurt Cobain committed suicide at the age of 27 when Frances was just two years old.
- Frances and Courtney reconciled ahead of her 23rd birthday last December after years of estrangement.
- Frances was an executive producer on Kurt Cobain: Montage Of Heck, the acclaimed HBO documentary about her father which premiered last year. She was not interviewed for the film.
CHECK IT OUT: Here’s a photo of the scene outside Frances’ home (she is second from the right):
INTERNET COMMENTS at Alternative Nation — agree or not?
Beefcake wrote: “Uh oh…Isiah better move to Canada like Kurt before he gets good and murdered.”
BadLuckBlueEyes wrote: “Why is she having to move out, I thought it was her house?”
AlanCantWhistle wrote: “Just a couple of kids who married too young and it sadly ended.”
Sami wrote: “There is probably actually some real crime going on in LA that the cops guarding these two weirdos should be looking into instead of wasting their time babysitting while someone moves out of their house.”