Ghost has added a handful of new shows to its North American tour schedule, with the dates booked before and after the Swedish occult band’s appearance in late July at Chicago’s Lollapalooza festival. The shows will take place in Des Moines, Iowa, Minneapolis, and Green Bay, Wisconsin, with Macabre along as the opening act. Tickets will be available beginning this Friday, May 20th at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Ghost’s current North American run wraps up this weekend with shows at Ohio’s Rock On The Range and upstate New York’s Rock ‘N Derby on May 21st and 22nd respectively.
- With a highly theatrical show like the one Ghost has, A Nameless Ghoul told us that things are bound to go wrong from time to time: [“Our fog machine is named Bruce after the shark in Jaws, because as Bruce the shark, our Bruce the fog machine has a tendency not to work (laughs), which is very annoying. Fog on every show, I hope that is a promise.”] SOUNDCUE (:16 OC: . . . is a promise.)
- Ghost will next play on Tuesday night (May 17th) in Oklahoma City.
- The band is touring behind its 2015 album, Meliora, which features the Top 10 hits “Cirice” and “From The Pinnacle To The Pit.”
- A Nameless Ghoul from the group recently told Metal Suck that Ghost will release a new EP later this year.
- Newly confirmed Ghost tour dates (subject to change):
July 27 – Des Moines, IA – 7 Flags
July 28 – Minneapolis, MN – Myth
July 29 – Chicago, IL – Lollapalooza
July 31 – Green Bay, WI – The Sandlot
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Ghost’s video for “From The Pinnacle To The Pit”: