Ghost has announced that it will play a series of headlining U.S. dates this summer during the group’s North American tour as special guests of Iron Maiden. According to Blabbermouth, the headlining shows begin on June 6th in Albany, New York, with the last one scheduled for July 20th in Philadelphia. Ghost’s shows with Iron Maiden begin on June 3rd in Bristow, Virginia, ending on July 22nd in New York City.
- Pre-sale tickets for the 13 headlining dates are available for purchase now, with general public sales beginning this Friday (March 31st) at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- The new lineup of Ghost gave its first live performance last Friday night (March 24th) as the Sweden-based band kicked off its 2017 “Popestar” European tour in Norwich, England.
- As previously reported, rumors have circulated for several months that lead singer and founder Tobias Forge — who performs as Papa Emeritus — fired the entire previous lineup at the end of Ghost’s fall 2016 North American tour.
- One of the new members — who wear masks and are only known as Nameless Ghouls — may be former Korn touring keyboardist Zac Baird, who hinted last week on Twitter that he had joined Ghost.
- Newly confirmed Ghost headlining dates (subject to change):
June 6 – Albany, NY – The Palace Theatre
June 8 – Norfolk, VA – The NorVa
June 10 – Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle
June 14 – Louisville, KY – The Palace Theater
June 17 – Fargo, ND – Fargo Civic Center
June 22 – Corpus Christi, TX – The Pavilion at Concrete Street
June 26 – Midland, TX – La Hacienda
June 30 – Fresno, CA – Rainbow Ballroom
July 8 – Denver, CO – The Fillmore
July 13 – Indianapolis, IN – Egyptian Room at Old National Centre
July 14 – Fort Wayne, IN – Embassy Theater
July 18 – New Haven, CT – College Street Music Hall
July 20 – Philadelphia, PA – The Fillmore
- PHOTO CREDITS: weldbham.com