Guns N’ Roses have released photos of the band’s stage set-up and a brief clip of the group rehearsing ahead of the launch of the “Not In This Lifetime” reunion tour, which kicks off on Thursday (June 23rd) at Ford Field in Detroit. Drummer Frank Ferrer has also uploaded a photo that features a partial glimpse of the set list, which will feature 26 or 27 songs. In addition to Guns staples, the band will rotate lesser known tracks like “Nice Boys,” “Think About You,” “Perfect Crime” and the Velvet Revolver track “Slither” in and out of the show.
- A short clip shared by Fender shows bassist Duff McKagan and other members of the band in their rehearsal space while the original recording of “Paradise City” plays on the soundtrack.
- Meanwhile, footage was released on June 18th of former Guns drummer Steven Adler practicing “Paradise City,” leading to speculation that he will at least make a guest appearance on the band’s upcoming reunion tour.
- According to some reports, Adler was actually going to perform at the Troubadour with Guns N’ Roses on April 1st, but was unable to play due to a back injury.
- The tour features original members McKagan, Slash and Axl Rose backed by Ferrer, guitarist Richard Fortus, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and new second keyboardist Melissa Reese.
- Rose just finished a stint as lead vocalist for AC/DC on that band’s European festival run, and is slated to play at least 10 North American shows with that group right after Guns complete their stadium run.
CHECK IT OUT: Here are pics and video from Guns N’ Roses rehearsals:
Watch Steven Adler rehearsing “Paradise City”: