Linkin Park, Disturbed, Muse, Mumford & Sons and more are among the artists who have announced special limited edition releases for Record Store Day, which falls this year on April 16th. The items, issued on seven-inch and 12-inch vinyl, will be released exclusively at over 1,000 independently owned record stores in the U.S. and hundreds of similar stores around the globe.
Metallica has been previously announced as this year’s ambassadors for Record Store Day, and will release Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité, Metallica! – Live at Le Bataclan. Paris, France – June 11th, 2003, a CD featuring a live recording of Metallica performing at the same venue that was the site of the deadliest of last November’s terrorist attacks.
Among the other items that will be released are:
- Deftones – B-Sides & Rarities: This will come in a two-LP, gold vinyl set and feature non-LP tracks and rare cuts spread over three sides, with etched artwork on the fourth side. Also included will be a DVD of Deftones videos, photos, and more. This collection was previously out of print and is making its vinyl debut.
- Disturbed – 12-inch Picture Disc : Side A features the band’s new hit cover of Simon & Garfunkel‘s classic “The Sound Of Silence,” while Side B will contain a previously unreleased instrumental version of the song.
- Foals – Black Vinyl 7-inch: A limited edition, double A-side single from the British act, this will include the previously unreleased track “Rain,” as well as a cover of Mark Ronson‘s “Daffodils.”
- Fort Minor – The Rising Tied: The 2005 debut studio album from Linkin Park vocalist Mike Shinoda‘s hip-hop side project receives its first-ever vinyl edition, exclusively pressed on Coke-bottle green vinyl.
- Linkin Park – Road To Revolution: Now available on numbered vinyl for the first time, the album is pressed on translucent red with black splatter vinyl. It also includes the 2008 Milton Keynes National Bowl live show on DVD.
- Mumford & Sons – “There Will Be Time”: A limited edition seven-inch that was previously a South Africa-only release to coincide with the band’s historic debut tour of the country in early 2016. The track debuted at Number One in South Africa.
- Muse – 7-inch Picture Disc: This limited-edition U.K. import picture disc features “Reapers” from the band’s 2015 album Drones on the A side, and the unreleased “Reapers (Live at Köln)” on the B side, plus a paper drone insert.
- Gerard Way – Pink Vinyl 7″ Single: This features two previously unreleased tracks from the former My Chemical Romance frontman, “Pinkish” and “Don’t Try.”
- Deftones drummer Abe Cunningham told us a while back why his band enjoys participating: [“We are huge fans of vinyl. We are from that era. Record Store Day is a real cool thing. And everyone kind of, all these bands are getting together and putting cool limited number things with, you know, colored vinyl and different assorted whatnots and, you know, it’s making a cool celebration of vinyl, man, you know.”] SOUNDCUE (:14 OC: . . . man, you know.)
- Other acts preparing special releases for the day include Anthrax, Atreyu, Faith No More, Bring Me The Horizon, Five Finger Death Punch, Halestorm, Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie and many more.
- Record Store Day celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale.
For more info go to www.recordstoreday.com