Metallica, Soundgarden and Korn will lead the 2017 lineup of the 11th annual Rock On The Range festival, scheduled for May 19th, 20th and 21st at MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. This marks Metallica’s first-ever appearance at the yearly rock event and is also the band’s first announced North American date of 2017. More than 50 other bands are confirmed to perform as well, including The Offspring, Volbeat, Bush, Chevelle, Papa Roach, Seether, The Pretty Reckless, Alter Bridge, Skillet, Sum 41, Pierce The Veil, In Flames, Beartooth, Starset, Dinosaur Pile-Up and dozens of others.
- Soundgarden will be making its second appearance at the event, while this will be Korn’s fourth. Both acts last played Rock On The Range in 2013.
- Korn bassist Reginald “Fieldy” Arvizu told us why he enjoys coming back: [“I like doing those big festival shows ’cause there’s so many bands and like, I don’t know, I have a good time, you know, checking out bands and it’s more like a party. There’s like a lot going on. You know, like, you got all the events out there — it’s almost like going to the fair or something. It’s cool.”]
- The three-day weekend will also feature a comedy tent, art installations and other on-site activities.
- Rock On The Range 2017 presale and layaway tickets, as well as limited numbers of new Weekend Field VIP tickets and Premier hotel and camping packages, are on sale now at RockOnTheRange.com. Starting ticket prices right now range from $99 for stadium seats to $350 for Weekend Field VIP passes, with prices increasing once the initial allotment sells out.
- General ticket sales begin on Friday (December 2nd) at 10:00 a.m. ET at the festival site, Ticketmaster and the stadium box office.