Tool is apparently planning to announce more tour dates for 2017. The band has just two shows on its schedule so far, at the Boston Calling festival on May 28th and the Governor’s Ball festival in New York City on June 4th, but a post at the band’s Facebook page said, “TOOL TOUR DATES HEADS UP. I will be posting some NEW TOOL TOUR DATES next week, so be sure to keep checking the site for INFO ABOUT MORE SHOWS.”
- Whether a full tour is in the works or simply a few more dates between or around those two festivals isn’t clear yet.
- Meanwhile, an update posted at Tool’s official website last month indicated that singer Maynard James Keenan had finally begun working on vocals for some of the group’s new songs.
- The other three members of the band have been working on new material for the better part of the past year, but this is the first time that Keenan has actively joined in.
- It’s been nearly 11 years since Tool released its last studio effort, 10,000 Days, and while the band has toured since then, the process of making new music has been hindered by unrelated lawsuits, illnesses and the group’s notoriously slow and painstaking method of crafting music.
- Keenan, in the meantime, has released and toured behind three albums with his side project, Puscifer, and is also prepping a tour and new music with A Perfect Circle for this year.