My Chemical Romance is issuing a deluxe 10th anniversary edition of the band’s 2006 breakthrough concept album, The Black Parade. The two-CD, three-LP set will feature a disc called Living With Ghosts that compiles previously unreleased demos and mixes from The Black Parade sessions. Among those will be “The Five of Us Are Dying,” described as an “early version” of the album track “Welcome To The Black Parade” and available as an instant download now.
- The Black Parade was My Chemical Romance’s third album and guitarist Ray Toro told us a while back that the band had a feeling they were onto something with it: [“We had a sense that we wrote a record that was really special. You know, not only did it make us feel a certain way when we listened to it, but people that we played it for had those same feelings while they were listening to it, you know, and when that happened, I think we knew that we had something special. As far as to the success or anything of it, like, we never really thought of that. What we thought about was really how proud we were of writing the record we did.”] SOUNDCUE (:22 OC: . . . record we did.)
- The Black Parade was My Chemical Romance’s biggest commercial success, selling 1.6 million copies in the U.S. and three million worldwide.
- It yielded three hit singles: the chart-topping “Welcome To The Black Parade,” “Famous Last Words” and “Teenagers.”
- The 10th anniversary edition of The Black Parade will arrive on September 23rd.
- My Chemical Romance broke up in early 2013 and has no plans for now to reunite or tour behind the reissue.
CHECK IT OUT: Pre-order The Black Parade here and watch the video for the title song below: