No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani admitted in a new interview with Rolling Stone that she is not sure whether No Doubt has a future or not. Asked whether the band is done following the lukewarm reception to 2012’s Push And Shove album, Stefani said, “I don’t know what’s going to happen with No Doubt. When Tony (Kanal, bassist) and I are connected creatively, it’s magic. But I think we’ve grown apart as far as what kind of music we want to make.”
She continued, “I was really drained and burned out when we recorded (Push And Shove). And I had a lot of guilt: ‘I have to do it.’ That’s not the right setting to make music. There’s some really great writing on that record . . . It was sad how we all waited that long to put something out and it didn’t get heard.”
- Asked if she had any issue with the other members of No Doubt working with AFI singer Davey Havok, Stefani replied, “Of course I don’t care. Those are my homeys from when I was a little girl! I want them to be happy and do whatever they need to do to fulfill whatever creative place they need to fill.”
- That project, which still doesn’t have a name, is reportedly recording its debut album this month. It features the three instrumental members of No Doubt with Havok on vocals.
- Stefani released a new solo album in March called This Is What the Truth Feels Like, which chronicled her highly publicized split with her husband of 13 years, Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale.
- Ticket sales for Stefani’s tour in support of the CD have allegedly been “horrifying,” according to inside sources.
- Do you think No Doubt is over?
- Should Gwen get back together with those guys and try again, especially since it seems her solo career is floundering?
- Do you think her constant presence in the tabloids and on The Voice has backfired?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Rolling Stone — agree or not?
Shaun wrote: “Gwen should lay off the lip fillers and cheek lifts. She’s starting to lose her natural beauty in favor of Hollywood bimbo ‘beauty.’ Her new album is forgettable at best.”
Gwen Stephoney wrote: “I hate this soulless showbiz masquerading as music. But the sheep eat it up. This person is not music. She is entertainment. Show biz. Empty.”
Robby wrote: “She is such a phony. I can’t stand her.”
surprisedguy wrote: “Gwen was an amazing musician when surrounded by other amazing musicians in No Doubt. Now she is following the money trail and has lost all of her true friends. She is being guided by industry whores and she kicked her friends to the curb. Her new music is a joke in the industry, but no one will tell her.”
MysteriousStranger wrote: “I can remember when she was known for making interesting music, and not for being a karaoke game show judge or for having a pop-country tabloid love life.”