Modern rock act Portugal. The Man has teamed up with international advertising agency Wieden + Kennedy and Oregon-based cannabis grower Hifi Farms to release Feel It Still, a custom, packaged, pre-rolled blend designed to pair with the band’s new single. The cannabis blend will be available starting on April 20th — also known as the unofficial cannabis holiday — at all Serra Cannabis and Electric Lettuce recreational dispensaries.
Bassist Zach Carothers of the Portland-based band said, “We partnered with Hifi Farms because they’re one of the best growers in Oregon and it’s especially important right now to raise awareness for reasonable drug laws. Also, smoking weed while listening to music is awesome.”
- The blend is grown indoors at Hifi Fams’ compound outside of Portland out of custom living soil and under state-of-the-art LED lighting technology.
- “Feel It Still,” the song, is taken from the band’s upcoming eighth album, Woodstock, which is due out June 16th. The song is currently Number 12 on the modern rock chart.
- Portugal. The Man originally began work on the album, then called Gloomin’ And Doomin’, three years ago with Mike D of the Beastie Boys producing.
- Dissatisfied with what they were getting, the group abandoned that project and started fresh on what became Woodstock, with Mike D, Danger Mouse and others producing various cuts.
- Portugal. The Man will play in Atlanta on May 12th and 13th before kicking off a North American tour on June 1st in Boston.