Red Hot Chili Peppers singer Anthony Kiedis said in a new interview with Classic Rock magazine that he’s not a fan of either of this year’s major presidential nominees. Kiedis remarked, “(Donald Trump) is not a likable person. He’s a cartoon of a person. He says very unrealistic things about Muslims and race in general that make no sense at all. Because people are just people, y’know? Good and bad in all race and all religion. But sadly the real conundrum is that Hillary (Clinton) is not any better. She is just as much of a tyrant.”
- Kiedis and the Chili Peppers supported the candidacy of Bernie Sanders, who challenged Clinton for the Democratic nomination but ultimately lost. The band played at least two benefits for the Vermont senator.
- The Peppers will play this Friday (July 29th) at Montreal’s Osheaga Festival, before heading to Chicago to headline Lollapalooza on Saturday night (July 30th).
- The Getaway, the band’s 11th studio album, debuted at Number Two on the Billboard 200 album chart earlier this month. It features the chart-topping single “Dark Necessities.”
OFF THE RECORD: Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis was photographed recently walking through a forest with 25-year old Korean pop star CL. She also attended the Chili Peppers concert that night, and was photographed backstage in Kiedis’ dressing room.
- Okay, whatever you think of either nominee, since a tyrant is someone who actually rules a country by force, is Kiedis being a little over the top by calling both Trump and Clinton “tyrants” before they’re even in office?
- Which one do you think has the most probability of actually acting like a tyrant if they get in?
- Does Kiedis sound like he’s very knowledgeable about politics?
- Why do mostly Western Countries accept very large amounts of immigrants and refugees?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Alternative Nation — agree or not?
Peegan wrote: “Start hanging with adults and maybe, just maybe, you might sound like one.”
sternhead wrote: “There is a tyrannical effect about his stache I just don’t understand. Maybe it’s the haircut.”
Beefcake wrote: “He also classifies 18 year old virgins as tyrants if they say ‘no.'”
Felonious Punk wrote: “Not to be confused with the tyrant named Anthony Keidis…A sexual tyrant. To 18 year old girls.”