Rob Zombie has released another new music video, this time for the song “Medication For The Melancholy.” The track is taken from his latest album, The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser. Zombie told us that after experimenting musically throughout his solo career, the new album gets back a bit to his original sound: [“You can’t be inspired by the same thing all the time. I can easily generate a record that the fans would want, but it becomes fake. I could easily rip myself off so easily, but that’s like a bore as a, you know, as a musician or artist or whatever you want to call it. So you try to find other avenues, and I feel like in the last couple of years, the last two records kind of got back to the original idea of what I was really excited about.”] SOUNDCUE (:21 OC: . . . really excited about.)
- Zombie’s latest album debuted at Number Six on the Billboard 200, having sold 41,000 copies in the week ending May 5th. It’s the sixth solo Top 10 album for Zombie.
- He’ll begin a co-headlining tour with Korn on July 19th in Englewood, Colorado.
- Zombie recently released a trailer for his new horror thriller, 31, will be made available on September 16th
- Written and directed by Zombie, the film follows five carnival workers who are kidnapped and held hostage in an abandoned, Hell-like compound where they are forced to participate in a violent game and survive 12 hours against a gang of sadistic clowns.
- The film stars Sheri Moon Zombie, Malcolm McDowell, Jeff Daniel Phillips and Meg Foster.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the new video for “Medication For The Melancholy” (warning – explicit language):
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth — agree or not?
Ian Giedrojc wrote: “I would be embarrassed to release a video like that. Rob you’re a movie director. WTF.”
Jason N. Vickers wrote: “Cool as usual. Great song.”
Mae Jorg wrote: “Look at this grown man dancing around like an unbathed idiot with girl pants on. mehhh ill pass.”
Eyam Ova-Urazis wrote: “The song isn’t bad because it borrows from Black Sunshine, but he’s reached full-on douchebag status with the man-bun.”
Christian Tucker wrote: “Hmmmm is Rob high. That was a freaking awful video. Closing my eyes, song is ok. Watching it, all I could think of was WTF is he doing.”