Did wrestler and occasional metal vocalist Chris Jericho accidentally leak the title and release date of the new Avenged Sevenfold album!? That appeared to be the case on Wednesday (October 12th) when Jericho posted the name Voltaic Oceans and the date December 9th online in a now-deleted Instagram entry. Meanwhile,Blabbermouth has reported that a new single called “The Stage” could arrive as early as Thursday morning (October 13th), although there has been no official confirmation of that either.
The band has launched a new website which features a Deathbot to which fans can address questions. According to Loudwire, typing in Voltaic Oceans gets this response: “I bet you feel like the smartest ape.” But if you enter “new album,” the Deathbot reveals that the official answer will be revealed during a special live event on October 27th.
- Avenged Sevenfold has definitely been building up to some kind of announcement or event, as the band’s mascot, the Deathbat, has been mysteriously appearing around the world.
- Guitarist Zacky Vengeance told us that Avenged Sevenfold is always looking ahead to the next project: [“Our sights are always set so far in advance, you know, we’re always looking at what the future holds for us and how to put on an even better show, a bigger show…I want generations of fans. I want fans to someday be bringing their children. We still have a lot of work to do and a long way to go, in our humble opinion.”] SOUNDCUE (:14 OC: . . . our humble opinion.)
- The band’s seventh studio album will reportedly be released through Capitol Records, following the band’s termination of its contract with Warner Bros. Records earlier this year.
- The label sued the group in January for breach of contract, claiming the band owed it another studio effort and a live set on its existing deal.
- Avenged’s previous two releases, 2013’s Hail To The King and 2010’s Nightmare, both topped the Billboard album chart.
- The band will perform at Knotfest Mexico in Mexico City this Saturday (October 15th).