The estate of late Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland is being sued by a man who claims that Weiland shot up the inside of a tour bus the man owned with a BB gun and also cut electrical wires in the vehicle, causing some $50,000 in damages. According to TMZ, Daniel Smagacz of Springfield, Tennessee is seeking that amount plus an additional $100,000 in punitive damages.
The claim filed last week in Los Angeles Superior Court states that Weiland leased the bus from Smagacz in July 2013 for 20 days. Weiland personally signed the contract, which stated he was responsible for any loss or damage caused by him or any of his guests. But the singer was “grossly negligent and acted with intentional and willful misconduct” while in possession of the bus, according to the suit.
- Smagacz initially sued Weiland in 2014 over his claim, but now that the singer is dead, the bus owner is going after his estate.
- Meanwhile, TMZ has also reported that Weiland’s ex-wife, Mary Forsberg, is seeking $12,519 a month in spousal support and another $7,200 a month in child support from the singer’s estate — which is apparently the amount that Weiland paid for years while he was alive.
- Weiland’s third wife and widow, Jamie Weiland, filed her own claim earlier this month saying that his estate owes her $64,000 based on a pre-nup agreement by which Scott would put $2,000 a month into an account for her if she waived spousal support in the event of a divorce. Jamie claims that the $64,000 is what she would have in the account if Scott had made every deposit from when they signed the pre-nup in 2013 until his death.
- Scott Weiland was found dead aboard his tour bus last December 3rd in Bloomington, Minnesota at the age of 48 from an accidental overdose of multiple drugs.
- Would you consider suing someone’s estate after that person was dead?
- The bus driver’s claim is two years old — should he forget about it?
- Do you think $20,000 a month in spousal and child support is too much to ask from a dead man’s estate?
- Is it kind of sad or just pathetic that Scott left these messes behind when he died?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Alternative Nation — agree or not?
Felonious Punk wrote: “Here’s some advice, Mary: Go get a f**king job, you lazy bitch. Unbelievable how this golddigger still expects Scott to provide, even after he’s in the ground.”
Dakotablue wrote: “Scott’s kids deserve child support, of course. But I think Mary has those numbers reversed, asking for almost twice as much for herself–from the dead ex-husband she crapped on right after he died. Get real, lady–and I use that term loosely.”
Anonymous501 wrote: “Wow I kind of feel sorry for Scott. Not only did the vultures keep him on a never ending tour of small clubs, but the vultures keep circling after his death. Everyone wanted a piece of him and still do. That’s crazy.”
Eddie Yarler wrote: “This guy died BROKE. Where the f**k do they think this money is going to come from?”