If you are going to see the new reboot of Ghostbusters that opens Friday (July 15th) in theaters, keep your eyes peeled for Ozzy Osbourne. Rock’s Prince of Darkness has a cameo in the remake of the beloved 1984 comedy, billed as a “famous rock star.” According to the Birmingham Mail, Ozzy appears briefly in a scene that takes place at a concert by the fictional metal band Beasts Of Mayhem. After a ghost appears during their show, Ozzy — who is watching from the side of the stage, asks wife and manager Sharon if he’s dreaming.
- The scene was filmed last summer in Boston, where much of the movie was shot despite it being set in New York City. A local casting call sought extras with a metalhead look to play the audience members at the concert.
- Ghostbusters is directed by Paul Feig and stars Kristin Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones as a new generation of ghostbusters.
- Ozzy has appeared in a small number of other films, notably the 1986 horror movie Trick Or Treat, and has lent his voice to several animated productions. He’s also starred, of course, in the Osbournes reality series.
- Ozzy and Black Sabbath will kick off a new round of North American tour dates on August 17th in Wantagh, New York as they continue their farewell tour.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch a trailer for Ghostbusters:
- Do you plan to see the new Ghostbusters movie?
- Are you opposed to the idea of a reboot? If so, why?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth — agree or not?
David Halpern wrote: “How about you let the f**king movie even play a full weekend before spoiling something like this? Cameo though it might be, it would have been a fun thing to be surprised by.”
Dave Gilbert wrote: “easy to make a cameo in ghost busters considering that ozzy is a shadow of his former self.”
Matt Rudd wrote: “the power of ozzy compels you!!!”
Chuck Smith wrote: “Finally, a character that’s even more incoherent than Slimer!”