The Strumbellas will team up this fall with Cold War Kids for a tour that kicks off on September 26th in Flagstaff, Arizona. Just three dates have been announced so far, with more to follow. The trek will follow a summer run consisting of festival appearances and headlining gigs as the Strumbellas promote the arrival of their sophomore album, Hope, which was released at the end of last month.
- The first single from the disc, “Spirits,” has held down the Number One spot at Modern Rock radio for three straight weeks.
- Tickets for the Cold War Kids tour go on sale this Thursday, May 26th, via www.thestrumbellas.ca. The other announced dates so far are on September 27th in Tempe, Arizona and October 12th in Missoula, Montana.
- The Strumbellas’ current spring festival run brings them to St. Petersburg, Florida on Saturday (May 28th).
- Cold War Kids released their fifth album, Hold My Home, last year. It spawned the single “First,” which went to Number One on the Modern Rock airplay chart.
- Cold War Kids recently replaced guitarist Dann Gallucci with David Quon.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the Strumbellas’ video for “Spirits”:
Here’s Cold War Kids with “First”: