Taylor Swift’s latest Apple Music ad has helped fans rediscover Jimmy Eat World. The ad that was released on Monday (April 18th) features Taylor lip-syncing to the bands 2001 hit “The Middle” and has boosted sales for the song and artist.
According to Apple, the song has seen a 1,500 percent increase in sales since the ad premiered. It has also helped other artists who are featured on “The Jukebox Hits: 00s Alternative Rock” playlist that was used in the spot.
- Pandora has reported that they have seen a 325 percent jump in station adds for the band as compared to a week ago.
- Earlier this month it was reported that Taylor’s first Apple ad featuring a song by Drake and Future also helped boost sales for them.
WE’VE GOTTA ASK . . .
- Do you think the ad would have been as effective without Taylor as the star?
- Is there a song that you loved when you were younger that you’ve recently rediscovered?
- What was the last song you found yourself lip-syncing to?
CHECK IT OUT
- Taylor’s Ad:
- 25 Songs From The ’00s You Forgot About But Know The Lyrics To: http://bit.ly/210Is55