Tool has announced a series of tour dates scheduled around the band’s previously confirmed festival appearances, according to Rolling Stone. The trek focuses on the eastern half of North America and will hit several cities that Tool has not played in years. The tour begins on May 24th in Fairfax, Virginia and will conclude on June 8th in Chicago, marking the band’s first gig in the Windy City since 2009.
Tool’s previously announced headlining sets will be at the Boston Calling festival on May 28th and New York’s Governors Ball on June 4th, the band’s first show in New York City since May 2006.
- The group has promised an “unparalleled sonic and visual experience” for fans who come to the shows.
- Tool drummer Danny Carey told us a while back that guitarist Adam Jones is mostly in charge of the band’s visuals: [“You know, we all have visual ideas for all the songs, kind of, you know. We get together and kind of brainstorm, but in the end we just let Adam pretty much take that ball and run with it, ’cause he’s the most inclined in that area, you know.”]
- ToolArmy members will get a ticket pre-sale on Wednesday (March 15th) before the general sales begin on Friday (March 17th). Check out the Tool website for complete ticket information. Additional dates are also a possibility.
- It is unknown whether Tool will debut any new music on the upcoming run of shows.
- Confirmed Tool tour dates (subject to change):
May 24 – Fairfax, VA – Eaglebank Arena
May 27 – Bangor, ME – Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion
May 28 – Boston, MA – Boston Calling
May 30 – Rochester, NY – Blue Cross Arena
May 31 – Hamilton, ON – First Ontario Centre
June 2 – Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
June 4 – New York, NY – Governor’s Ball
June 5 – Pittsburgh, PA – Petersen Events Center
June 7 – Detroit, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre
June 8 – Chicago, IL – Allstate Arena