Although their songs have connected in a huge way with the public, drummer Josh Dun told us that he and frontman Tyler Joseph create tunes that they want to hear themselves: [“When we’re kind of sitting in a room recording this, it’s me, Tyler and one or two other guys — a producer and an engineer — and we kind of just try and, in a way, realize that there are a lot of people who are expecting different things, but really in that moment, it’s us in there creating what it is that we ultimately want to be performing for the next however long, and I think that’s kind of the biggest thing for us.”] SOUNDCUE (:20 OC: . . . thing for us.)
- The video for “Ride” has garnered more than 30 million views at the Twenty One Pilots YouTube channel.
- Twenty One Pilots will kick off a massive, mostly sold-out headlining summer tour on May 31st in Cincinnati. The Emotional Roadshow trek will encompass nearly 40 dates in stadiums and arenas across the U.S. and Canada, concluding with two shows at New York’s Madison Square Garden on August 10th and 11th.
- The pair are also set to perform at the 2016 NCAA March Madness Music Festival in Houston on Saturday (April 2nd) in conjunction with the 2016 NCAA Men’s Final Four. The show will be streamed live through the NCAA website.
- Blurryface is the follow-up to 2013’s Vessel and also contains the Top Five Modern Rock hit “Tear In My Heart.”
- The CD sold more than 147,000 copies in its first week of release when it came out lasy May to debut at Number One on the Billboard 200 album chart.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the video for “Ride”:
Posts from Pulse.com
Look up the Twenty One Pilots Tour on Google if you want to see them in the United States!