We Are Harlot, the band featuring Asking Alexandria frontman Danny Worsnop on lead vocals, have issued a statement on recent events which found Worsnop returning to Asking Alexandria a year and a half after leaving the group. The members of We Are Harlot said they were “blindsided” by Worsnop’s decision, adding that they “found out in about the same way you all did.”
The group admitted that it was not sure of what the immediate future held or what Worsnop’s intentions for both bands were, saying, “At this point we will wait to see what happens and we will keep our fingers crossed along with all of you. But rest assured, Harlot will not be sidelined in ANY way and know full well that you will have a new Harlot album in your hands by (February). One way or another.”
- In his own statement on rejoining Asking Alexandria, Worsnop specifically mentioned that he wanted to finish the new We Are Harlot album.
- The reunion with Asking Alexandria was confirmed this past weekend, following weeks of rumors and speculation regarding the status of Worsnop’s replacement,Denis Stoff, who joined the band in 2015.
- According to guitarist Ben Bruce, Stoff “stopped talking” to the group while Stoff himself stated, “I can’t be in a touring band at this point in my life.”
- Worsnop rejoined in time for Asking Alexandria’s new “10 Years in the Black” tour, which stops on Friday night (October 28th) in Boise, Idaho.
- We Are Harlot released its self-titled debut in 2015 and earned rock radio airplay with “Someday” and “Dancing On Nails.”