Whoopi Goldberg has announced plans to release a new line of medical marijuana with the intention of helping women with their period cramps.
The View co-host is teaming up with award-winning edibles maker Maya Elisabeth for a line called “Whoopi & Maya.” She discussed the new business endeavor with The Daily Beast saying, “When I asked whether there was medicinal cannabis out there to give relief to women with cramps, I was told that would be a ‘niche’ product. We’re here for that niche, which is made up of half the population.”
- The first four products will launch in April. They will release a “raw sipping chocolate” with either CBD or THC, a THC-infused bath soak, a topical rub, and a liquid extract for “serious discomfort.”
- Other celebrities who have gotten into the weed business include Snoop Dogg, Woody Harrelson, Roseanne Barr and Willie Nelson.
ASK YOUR LISTENERS:
- Do you think there is still a stigma around weed?
- If you don’t already do it, would you start smoking weed if it were fully legalized?
- Do you think weed is safer than alcohol?
CHECK IT OUT:
- 10 Proven Medical Uses For Cannabis: http://bit.ly/1WY73oW