New videos have been released this week from X Ambassadors, Cage The Elephant and Jack White. X Ambassadors have issued a clip for “Unsteady (Erich Lee Gravity Remix)” taken from the soundtrack for the upcoming film Me Before You. The soundtrack arrives on June 3rd and also features songs from Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran, The 1975 and more.
X Ambassadors frontman Sam Harris told us that he grew up around the movie business thanks to his dad: [“My dad is a publicist for movies and, you know, the entertainment industry is where he worked in and I was surrounded by that growing up. He’d be gone all the time but we’d go visit him on set. I’d get to like see all these people working to make a movie that’s just like a form of entertainment, but these are real jobs that people take very seriously and make a living doing. So it was like a tangible thing that I saw.”] SOUNDCUE (:24 OC: . . . that I saw.)
- This version of “Unsteady” is an orchestral mix of X Ambassadors’ second single from their debut album VHS. The clip features the band performing with a 30-piece orchestra.
- VHS was released last June and contains the chart-topping single “Renegades.”
- X Ambassadors will begin their next leg of touring on May 3rd in Buffalo, New York.
Cage The Elephant also has a new video available for “Trouble,” the latest single from the band’s fourth album, Tell Me I’m Pretty. Singer Matt Shultz has made his directorial debut with the clip, which tells the story of a damaged young cowboy on a journey to find peace and truth, running from the duplicity of the world and the hypocrisy of his father. Shultz said that the video “follows a young man who is running from his past and at the same time afraid of the future . . . in the end he sees himself to be part of the falseness in the world.”
- Cage The Elephant recently announced a run of tour dates that will begin on May 1st in Little Rock, Arkansas and will find the Kentucky-based act headlining arenas on their own for the first time.
- The band has hit the top of the Modern Rock radio chart six times, with the recent “Mess Around” as well as “Come A Little Closer,” “Cigarette Daydreams,” “Shake Me Down,” “Back Against The Wall” and “In One Ear.”
Finally, Jack White has released a preview clip of “Temporary Ground,” taken from the upcoming Third Man Records Vault package compiling audio and video from five surprise acoustic concerts White performed in early 2015. The package consists of the Acoustic In Idaho double LP and the Acoustic In Alaska DVD, from which the “Temporary Ground” clip is taken.
- The package also includes a photo book dubbed Pictures From Unknown States, which chronicles the five shows White did in Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyomingbefore going on his current live hiatus.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the new X Ambassadors video for “Unsteady”:
Watch Cage The Elephant’s video for “Trouble”:
Watch a preview of Jack White performing “Temporary Ground”: